Configuration of SPI Flash in platforms based on multiple Intel CPUs allows a local attacker to alter the behavior of the SPI Flash, potentially leading to a Denial of Service. This issue has been root-caused, and the mitigation has been validated and is available.
Configuration of SPI Flash in platforms based on multiple, Intel platforms allows a local attacker to alter the behavior of the SPI Flash, potentially leading to a Denial of Service.
- 7.9 High - CVSS:3.0/AV:L/AC:L/PR:H/UI:N/S:C/C:N/I:H/A:H
Platforms based on:
- 8th generation Intel® Core™ Processors
- 7th generation Intel® Core™ Processors
- 6th generation Intel® Core™ Processors
- 5th generation Intel® Core™ Processors
- Intel® Pentium® and Celeron® Processor N3520, N2920, and N28XX
- Intel® Atom™ Processor x7-Z8XXX, x5-8XXX Processor Family
- Intel® Pentium™ Processor J3710 and N37XX
- Intel® Celeron™ Processor J3XXX
- Intel® Atom™ x5-E8000 Processor
- Intel® Pentium® Processor J4205 and N4200
- Intel® Celeron® Processor J3455, J3355, N3350, and N3450
- Intel® Atom™ Processor x7-E39XX Processor
- Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E3 v6 Family
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E3 v5 Family
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E7 v4 Family
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E7 v3 Family
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E7 v2 Family
- Intel® Xeon® Phi™ Processor x200
- Intel® Xeon® Processor D Family
- Intel® Atom™ Processor C Series
Intel identified this issue internally. Issue is root-caused, and the mitigation is known and available. To Intel’s knowledge, the issue has not been seen externally.
Intel recommends that users always check with their system manufacturer’s support sites to make sure they have the latest, security updates installed.
INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” IN CONNECTION WITH INTEL® PRODUCTS. YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION IN THE DOCUMENT OR MATERIALS LINKED FROM THE DOCUMENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. INTEL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR UPDATE THIS DOCUMENT AT ANY TIME. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN INTEL’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR SUCH PRODUCTS, INTEL ASSUMES NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, AND INTEL DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, RELATING TO SALE AND/OR USE OF INTEL PRODUCTS INCLUDING LIABILITY OR WARRANTIES RELATING TO FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, OR INFRINGEMENT OF ANY PATENT, COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT. NO LICENSE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY ESTOPPEL OR OTHERWISE, TO ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS IS GRANTED BY THIS DOCUMENT.